Start their Career in the Resources Industry today!
What’s in it for the students?
- As we all know, the Resources Industry provides a variety of great workplaces for professionals, technicians and trades
- Often students are unaware of the variety of positions available and the pre-qualifications they need to get in
- Get Into Resources showcases the Resources Industry and is delivered by experienced personnel who currently work in the industry
- Designed to be specifically “hands-on” for the students to give them a real feel for the jobs available, including a visit to “The Cut” underground training mine at NorthMetropolitan TAFE
What’s in it for you?
- Full day of activities with plenty of time for you to share your work stories with the students
- Great opportunity to meet other like-minded volunteers and increase your professional network
Get Into Resources has been a wonderful success with hundreds of students participating over the three days. Teachers loved the variety of the presentations, the amount of information available about different sectors and the opportunity choices that were discussed, and considered the day “very worthwhile”.
The great strength of Get Into Resources has been the involvement of professionals in their field providing insight on their experiences and what they do as a job. If you see yourself as someone that is keen to inspire the next generation please look at the attached flyer.
How can I participate?
If you think you can deliver an exciting and repeatable, primarily “hands- on” focused activity over about 20 minutes, for a group of 10 students each time, then we would love to hear from you! Some of the activities we can share with you include: engineering the tallest flare tour, environmental mapping (seagrass), human resources taboo, and oil and gas formation (with a yummy test!).
Feedback from the students says it all: