Start their career in the resources industry today!
What’s in it for the students?
- The Resources Industry provides a variety of great workplace opportunities for professionals, technical and trades
- Often students are unaware of the variety of positions available and the pre-qualifications they need to get in (the day is specifically designed for Year 10 students and timed to assist with Year 11 subject choices)
- “Get into Resources” showcases the Resources Industry and is delivered by experienced personnel who currently work in the industry
- Hands-on content to give the students a feel for the jobs available, including a visit to “The Cut” underground training mine at NMTafe
- A full day of activities with plenty of time to talk to members of industry
- Morning tea and lunch included
- Fully sponsored – no charge to your students or school
Get Into Resources has been a wonderful success with hundreds of students participating over the two days. Teachers love the variety of the presentations, the amount of information available about different sectors and the opportunity choices that were discussed, and consider the day “very worthwhile”.
“absolutely the best careers event I have taken students to”
How can my students participate?
- This opportunity is limited to schools willing and able to bring up to two groups of 10 students on a ‘first come, first served’ basis
- Please register your school’s interest ASAP with Jo Watkins (ESWA) at email@example.com
- For queries email Jo at the address above or call 6436 8685
Teachers also said about the event…
“less qualifications required than I thought and better opportunities”
“I’m now more aware of many different jobs in the sector”
The links below as well as the sidebar provide additional tools for use.